Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Vegetarian and the Water Buffalo

You would think that a water buffalo and vegetarian could become good friends. But no. The water buffalo in the left foreground below, head butted me in the side of my left knee just a few seconds after I took the pic. Ouch! He knocked me on my butt, dirtied my clothes, and left me scratching my head. Three days later my knee is still a bit tender and Sun-Ling is keeping a watchful eye on me.


Li River - Between Yangdi and Xingping, China

A few more photos from the Yangdi to Xingping hike which crosses the Li River three times. The third crossing is at the famous Nine Horses Mountain.

Looking downstream.
Li River - Between Yangdi and Xingping, China

Nine Horses Mountain
Nine Horses Hill

Just the two of us.
Week 15 - Li River - Between Yangdi and Xingping, China

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to see you both online. very nice pictures. i also remember seeing your older travel pictures with SL sipping coffee and enjoying the views.
--weiqing

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you two! Johnny-please stay away from large animals:) Happy Birthday to Sun Ling!

Cathy

Most Recent Post

Uzbekistan: Khiva

Khiva is really the first stop on our upstream tour of the Silk Road. An important post on the Silk Road, Khiva was razed and rebuilt many t...

Most Popular Posts of Last 30 Days